July 26, 2011

Black Bean Salsa

Ok so Sandi posted a similar recipe, but it is that "similar"  not the same. 

This is a big hit at anything I take it to and has become my "go-to" recipe for any pot-luck.

1 can black beans (I like Bush's they are softer than generic)
1 1/2 cup frozen corn (or 1 can whole kernel corn)
1 lrg avocado or 2 smallish ones
1-2 fresh whole tomoates ( I wing it whatever I have in the fridge about 1 1/2 cups of fresh sliced        tomatoes, cherry, grape, 1 big, 3 small)
1 lime (I also use lime juice in a bottle or lemon or whatever I have on hand for citrus) about 1-2 tablespoons.

Rinse the canned/frozen ingredients, dice up the tomato and avocado.  I add my citrus over my avocado to help prevent browning (in case it lasts more than an hour)

Now the fun part...... seasoning

this is all to taste.
Season All (I use Lawry's)
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
a little Cumin (this makes it I swear)
salt and pepper to taste
sometimes I use cilantro sometimes not.  It is up to you.  I don't like raw onions, so I don't use them, but you can if you want.

Stir it all together let it rest about an hour, and stir again.  Serve with tortilla chips as a dip, or my daughter and my favorite is to add it to our taco.  This stuff is good enough to eat with a spoon out of the bowl.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment